Friday, February 9, 2024

Since Jesus Came Into My Heart

If you've trusted Jesus as your Savior, do you remember what your life was like before Him? Have you thought of that lately? Or how about this... Have you thought about where you would be today without Him? 

My relationship with Jesus has been feeling a little flat lately. I know He hasn't changed, He hasn't moved away from me, yet I feel I want more closeness, as I felt in earlier days. And I don't know how to get back there. I know faith isn't always about feelings, but it IS a relationship. I guess if I could compare it to marriage, my feeling lately is we might have coffee together in the morning, a quick peck on the cheek and a wave good-bye, and then on to our separate ways with maybe a text or two during the day. Still married, yes. But lacking something.

When I opened my phone this morning, I saw this young man's message. And a quiet joy sprang alive inside me. Oh Jesus, thank You! Thank You that You called me 39 years ago. Thank You for all the people who witnessed to me and prayed for me along the way. Where would I be today without You?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Expectations

 There's nothing so weighty as expectations.  "Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fu...